Klahaan is an independent organisation that builds evidence, organises and campaigns on issues that affect women in Cambodia found in July 2018. Klahaan, meaning ‘brave’ in Khmer, aims to provide a platform for women to speak up and demand change, be it from decision makers, business leaders, the media or society as a whole.
Our actions are guided by intersectional feminist principles and inspired by our desire to see women-led activism bring us closer to a fair and equal future for women.
Phnom Penh Capital
- Schedule: Full-time
The Administrative & Accounting Intern (AAI) will support the AA Officer on clerical, logistic, administrative and accounting work to ensuring the effective and efficient overall program of Klahaan. The AAI is bound by Klahaan’s code of conduct, the office rules and regulations and shows strong commitment to the values of the organization.
This is a full time paid- internship position, working from our office in central Phnom Penh. Monthly allowance 192 USD per month, plus health insurance.
- Administrative Assistance:
- Assist in procurement process of fixed assets, inventory and publications;
- Assist in organizational support to the preparation, implementation and follow up of events;
- Assist in maintaining a good filing system of all office and program related documents;
- Assist to label the office equipment and counting inventory/fixed assets;
- Assist in preparing and monitor office supplies/kitchen supplies and request in timely manner;
- Assist AAO to ensure office equipment (LCDs, laptops, cameras; recorder, etc.) are kept safely and make sure that all their movements are always recorded;
- Assist AAO with clerical duties and public affairs services as photocopying, and reception.
- Assist to keep record, update and control publications;
- Carry out any other general tasks required by AAO and Executive Director, or on her behalf.
- Financial Assistance:
- Assist AAO in maintaining a good filing system of vouchers, invoices, and all financial documents;
- Assist AAO in preparing payment vouchers if required; and scanning financial vouchers;
- Stamp “Klahaan Paid” for all expense vouchers;
- Assist AAO in checking financial report and inform AAO when it is irregular;
- Assist to coordinate bank transfer/withdrawal, take credit/debit advice and collect bank statement.
- Commitment to principles of gender equality and social justice;
- Enthusiasm and a strong initiative and willingness to learn new things;
- Fluency in written and spoken Khmer, with a good level of spelling;
- Working knowledge of English;
- Good command of computer skills particularly the Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks.
- Experience working in a previous role to promote gender equality, human rights, development or similar;
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant area.